South LA Promise Zone research
The Economic Roundtable is a research partner of the South LA Promise Zone, an effort led by Los Angeles Trade Technical College (LATTC) and the Slate Z coalition. A program , South Los Angeles was selected in the second round of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Promise Zone Program. The program kicked off in June 2016, with partners from various organizations in South LA who want to see renewed economic growth and investment in this area. Check back this later this year to learn more about the Economic Roundtable’s work on this exciting project.
More about the South LA Promise Zone
- “South Los Angeles Awarded Promise Zone Designation” Los Angeles Mayor’s Office, June 6, 2016
- “Obama Administration Designates South LA as Promise Zone” by Kathleen Hennessey, AP/KPCC, June 6, 2016
- “After failed attempt, South L.A. wins Promise Zone designation, which could bring in money” by Angel Jennings, Los Angeles Times
- List of partners in the South LA Promise Zone
- LA Promise Zone-ERT letter of commitment and scope of work