Now hiring a lead case manager – POSITION FILLED
Provide Hope, Build Dignity, Change Lives!
The Realization Project is a path-breaking, system-change employment initiative to restore the human spirit and rebuild hope and purpose. It opens the door to living wage employment for homeless community college students.
Position: Lead Case Manager, Realization Project
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Hybrid – Long Beach, Los Angeles, remote
Compensation: $62,400 to $72,800, DOE
Autonomy: Independent Contractor Position
Start Date: August 2022
The Realization Project is a research pilot demonstrating a holistic model to prevent housing insecurity. The Project addresses chronic homelessness as a problem of racial injustice as well as a problem of inadequate income by providing comprehensive development services and resources, leading to living wage jobs and business opportunities for working adults facing a statistical likelihood of experiencing persistent homeless. The Realization Project operates under the umbrella of the Economic Roundtable.
The Lead Case Manager works directly with the project cohort to facilitate the creation and implementation of individual participant plans to secure stable housing, viable employment, enhanced wellbeing, and academic success. The Case Manager interacts regularly with participants, keeps updated files, and empowers cohort members to work toward their employment, housing, and personal goals.
- Weekly text, phone, video, and in-person meetings with the 25-person cohort to identify needs and support achievement of individual goals
- Monitor participant participation and progress
- Connect participants with array of appropriate resources including housing, employment and mental health counseling
- Maintain accurate and adequate case management files for each participant including, intake, progress, and follow-up information, reports, contacts, referrals, and action plans
- Facilitate crisis intervention for students with immediate basic needs and emergency support
- Provide regular status reports to the project director
- Capacity for fostering authenticity and trust in groups and one on one
- Effective communication, including sensitivity to diversity, crisis intervention and de-escalation skills, and boundary setting
- Ability to work independently and in partnership with team members
- A passion for the Realization Project mission and philosophy
- Case management experience preferred
- Degree in social work, education, or related field preferred
How to Apply
Interested candidates: Apply via email by sending resume and cover letter to: